EXERCISE: The Benefits of Regular Exercise and Physical Activity
Introduction to Exercise or Physical Activity
Exercise is a conscious physical activity aimed at moving the entire human body in other to improve blood circulation, remove interstitial waste and maintain good health. To continue with an exercise program, and useful labors/ regular physical chores, is one the best things we can do for our body. The benefits of regular exercise such as we have elaborately discussed here is cumulatively encompassing- it could hardly be quantified- whether it is weight loss goals or heart diseases, cancer and diabetes prevention , proper exercise is simply the way to go.
“Action”, we say, “is the law of our being”- We are designed and made to be active , resourceful, useful and generally physically active all times.
[Amazon affiliate offer]
Action should be a continues way of life for all people, every vocation, all location, every personality and all age.
Keep a piece of machine out of use, and over time, it becomes rusty and useless-so we observe. The same process applies to human beings; when there is no activity or exercise, over time, the body parts begin to die away in a process called atrophy/degeneration. With these dying away, of cell and tissues; dies the entire system.
If by choice, circumstance or even by personal preference, any part of the organs of the body is not utilized or moved regularly and adequately too, such inaction will lead to a decrease in size and strength of the body tissues and muscles, it’s the result of this condition as called atrophy, that affect proper circulation of blood around such location and the entire body.
THE NEW START HEALTH PRINCIPLE
Exercise is the 2nd of the eight (8) principles of health and healing as expressed in the NEW START acronym. The proper use and implementation of these principles of health and healing will reduce your chances of contracting diseases, especially the dreaded lifestyle diseases that are always life threatening. In fact, lifestyle diseases are a terror to the world today,- whether, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and others are never an easy news to hear from the Doctor. As you discover new facts about exercise or are reminded of what you use to know, as the case may be; or that what you know you have not put to use: I need you to decide now to begin to exercise, and to do it regularly too- because this generation is being noted for; inactivity, indolence and overweight and we are paying dearly for it… don’t be the statistics.
THE BENEFITS OF REGULAR EXERCISE FOR HEALTH AND HEALING
• Exercise is vital for man’s general fitness.
“A life of useful labor (activity or exercise) is indispensable to the physical, mental, and moral well—being of man.”
A lot of health challenges, including Hearth diseases, Diabetes, Depression are preventable,(and where the condition already exists: are) helped by continues physical activity or exercise of the entire body.
• Exercise helps the organs to do their work. “By daily active or exercise in the open air, the liver, kidneys, and lungs also are strengthened to perform their work.’’ 2
• Exercise induces an even circulation of blood throughout the body, minor and major abdominal diseases is combated. “The diseased stomach will find relief by exercise.”3
In other other words, stomach ulcers, gastritis, ceases of indigestion and various abdominal inflammations will be helped by a constant exercise.
• Exercise helps in Food digestion.
Exercise helps in digestion, which makes it necessary to a walk after a meal, this will increase the round trip of blood circulation around the stomach and the digestive tracts thereby promoting digestion and easing the burden of digestion on the system.
A Serious Advice/ caution to students and workers
It is very important that students and sedentary workers should make determined efforts to walk out in the open air every day (when the weather is conducive) or other useful physical work may be done (as time and opportunity would permit), these efforts are to ensure an even circulation of blood around the entire body.
The weather should not deprive you of regular exercise. There are a lot of effective in-door exercise equipment that are very helpful, you may consider owning one or few for alternation and styles.
It is on record that Morning Exercise Strengthens the Immune system. In a very special way, exercise done in the open air and under the wonderful rays of the early morning sun is a great feat to the body for optimum health.
The Benefits of regular Exercise:
• Regular exercise strengthens the heart, especially the short period -tasking exercise are cardiovascular health friendly.
• It improves bowel movement. exercise helps in constipation.
• It lowers blood pressure thereby protecting the heart and blood vessels
• it lowers LDL cholesterol levels in the
• Exercise strengthens the bones, which in turn informs the production of healthy blood cells.
• Lifts depression (by enhances the production and secretion of ‘happy hormones’ which include the endorphin, dopamine and serotonin.) Clinical or major depressions are helped with constant exercise.
• Relieves stress and anxiety. Aids in mental health.
• Exercise increases energy and efficiency
• It improves circulation, for all cells and tissues health.
•Exercise enhances better sleep at night, and aids in the rapid healing of damaged body areas
How much Exercise is needed?
Exercise is not quantifiable in volume. Time and the resultant effects are more accurately, what is considered to say “enough of the Exercise” Under the early morning sun and in the open air, do brisk and continuous exercise for at least 15 to 20 minutes then you switch to another type of the exercise for a resting period.
Exercise between 25 to 40 minutes daily to archive maximum benefits. However, make sure to exercise in, not less than, 4 days a week.
Although exercise has a cumulative effect on the body, you cannot get all the exercise you need for the week in one day, so it should be done daily. Make sure to get moving. Start slowly then increase pace or speed, and endurance level as soothes you, but stop the activity as soon as you notice pain.
What kind or type of Exercise do I need?
Walking (brisk walking [watch video by clicking on the link]) is the best type of exercise for all sex and age, because it gets all body parts to move without the overuse or injury to any part of the body, unlike jumping, jugging and running that wears some parts of the body and put much pressure on some other areas of the body. though the other exercises could be done progressively or regulated , anyone could begin with brisk walking.
Let’s check on these two quotes on walking by some authorities:
There is “No Better Exercise than Walking”4.
“There is no exercise that will prove as beneficial to every part of the body as walking. Active walking in the open air will do more for women, to preserve them in health if they are well than any other means. Walking is also one of the most efficient remedies for the recovery of health of the invalid. The hands and arms are exercised as well as the limbs.”
Other recommended exercises include:
• Bicycling and cycling [ check out some cheap bicycles (for adults) and cycles on Amazon]
• Jogging (for the young and the agile. Jogging may increase the wears on the synovial fluids at the knee and ankle of the old and feeble)
• Yard work(chores; lawn mowing etc)
• stair walking/ climbing
• Gardening– this activity could be very rewarding and enjoyable. [ borrow or buy good gardening tools from Amazon, and till that earth you have always wanted.
For daily Exercise
• Maintain good posture, while standing, sitting and lying down.
• The best times for sunbathing are the hours between 7 – 9 am and 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm. Best to accompany it with exercise.
• The best time to go to bed is between 9:00 pm and 9:30 pm.
•Go to bed early enough and wake early enough for your daily exercise.
• In order to have good health, we must have good blood; for the blood is the current of life. Is the blood that removes body wastes, repairs damaged cells and tissues, and also nourishes the body cells, tissues and organ.
and nourished the body.
[Amazon affiliate offer]
Exercise and HIV
“HIV is no longer an automatic death sentence, especially for people who engage in moderate exercise”56 Creation Health Discovery.
Keep exercising to keep healthy. You have nothing to lose but all to gain by active physical exercise.
The New Start lifestyle program is based on eight (8) simple principles. They are simple day-to-day occurrence and opportunities which we overlook, but are key factors to our desire for optimum health.
“Nutrition is the intake of food, considered in relation to the body’s dietary needs. Good nutrition- an adequate, well-balanced diet combined with regular physical activity- is a cornerstone of good health. – World health organization www.who.int/topics/nutrition/en/
There are specific exercises that help certain conditions effectively including:
Exercises for the Heart
Exercise for Diabetics
Exercise for strong immune system. etc
Tips on Exercise
• Start exercising slowly but consistently and then gradually increase in both the time and intensity of your chosen activity.
• Exercise until you are breathing deeply, but not out of breath.
• Thirty minutes a day is an excellent goal, but since the benefits of exercise are cumulative, even shorter periods, three to five times a week, are helpful.
Why most people do not exercise: many say it is because of lack of time.
You can’t find time to Exercise?
Often in a typical society of today, a person’s spare time is crowded with many kinds of passive entertainments such as TV, Video games, and the internet. When you choose to turn off the computer, TV, video game- for a time- you save it for other activities more rewarding. When you save the time, you spend that time in an exercise that will help optimize your health and life quality, I think it’s more rewarding to create such time to keep active.
To help yourself remember and fell easy to begin an exercise daily; get your exercise gadgets around your home or where you normally have time for the exercise.- 2-6 minutes is better than 0 minutes when you procrastinate or put it off to sometime that never happen. [ you can browse fitness stores around you for some handy exercise gadgets or you check out some ready-to-be delivered fitness gadgets on Amazon]
Bike stationary for homes] (if you buy from this links we may earn little commission from Amazon as affiliate commission)
Put more zest in your life by having simple regular exercise. Look at what exercise can do for your mind.
• Exercise can greatly improve your sense of well-being.
• It makes you feel good.
• It increases energy, efficiency, and endurance, and won’t let you down later.
• Outdoor exercise is one of the most valuable weapons known to fight off depression.
• Exercise enhances our ability to handle life’s stresses.
• Exercising after work is especially helpful to unwind and leave you more relaxed.
• It improves quality of sleep. Exercise has many other benefits to the body.
Moderate exercise improves appetite control. It helps us attain a desirable weight. Exercise not only burns excess calories but also speeds up the body’s metabolism for several hours.
Exercise is very vital to our well-being, begin to exercise today, you will continue to enjoy the benefits until tomorrow.
1. Councils on Temperance and Bible Hygiene, p. 96.
2. Healthful Living. p. 131.
3. 3- Ibid, p. 133.
4. Ibid p. 130
5. LIGHT Training manual.
6. Steps to Health.www.glowonline.org
** World health organization www.who.int/topics/nutrition/en/
7. Wildwood Lifestyle Center. Training material
ColorsAndFacts are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.